Results tagged ‘ thanksgiving ’
In preparation for this post, I looked back over the past three Thanksgiving entries I’ve written on this blog. They were written in 2008, 2009 and 2010. It’s so cool to look back on those to see what was going on in my life and where I am now. A lot has changed since I started this blog over three years ago. Amazing.
All my other Thanksgiving posts were really long, but I think I’m going to keep it simple this year.
I’m thankful for friends, family and everyone else who’s touched my life in some way.
I’m thankful for my church, youth group, college and career group, girls’ Bible study, other girls’ Bible study and other college group.
I’m thankful for my Padres. I love them so very much, even if it was a bad year. We’ve got to get better someday…
I’m thankful for the opportunity to work on a student newspaper and everything that comes with working with other people pretty much all the time. We’ve had some pretty great adventures.
I’m thankful for a God who cares about the little things just as much as the big things in life – I’m so thankful that I can trust Him with everything from getting me to the gas station when I’m really low on gas to life-changing decisions. It’s all in His hands, and He’s been so merciful to me on so many levels.
What do I have that I have not recieved?
I don’t understand how anyone can look at their lives and not see a God working through every moment. I truly have been blessed beyond anything that I deserve; in fact, I don’t deserve any of it. I’m so grateful.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I love you all.
I can’t believe that it’s this time of year again! Amazing how fast the time goes, huh?
Though we should be thankful every day, I’m glad that we do have a day set apart to really think about our blessings. And oh boy, am I blessed! Here’s just a few of the bountiful blessings that I have:
- I am so thankful first and foremost, for my Savior Jesus Christ. Without Him, I would have nothing. He’s provided for me in everything, and I am just so thankful that He would love a wretch like me. It is so reassuring to know that it’s not about me, but it’s all about what He did on the cross for me. My Father is so incredible! It’s all because of Him. I hope to give Him the glory in everything that I do, because He so deserves it.
- I am so thankful for this baseball community here at MLBlogs and the community of Padres fans through other blogs. It’s been so much fun to meet some of you and cheer on the Padres together. Hyun Young, John, the guys at Gaslamp Ball and RJ’s Fro, Steve, keep up the great work. I am honored to be a part of such a strong core of Padres bloggers.
- I am so thankful for the Padres’ season this year. Man, that was fun. It was so great to have a winning team here in San Diego, and I really hope that we’ll be able to continue that. I mean, so many people didn’t think we were going to go anywhere, but we were a first place team for almost the entire season. Especially for Padres fans, that’s a lot of be thankful for.
- I am so thankful for all my friends and mentors at my church and youth group. You guys mean so much to me, and I don’t know what I would do without you. Thank you so much for loving me, for laughing with me, for crying with me, for being there through everything. I am truly blessed to be in such a tight-knit body of believers. I love you all so much!!
- I am so thankful for Kevin Kouzmanoff. That dude is just so amazing, and I’m so glad that he was able to play in San Diego for three years. I was at Boomers last night, and I got to drive the #5 go-kart twice and I was like, man, I miss that dude. He is just way too cool. I am also really thankful that I’m not obsessed with the guys that everyone likes like Robert Pattison and Zac Efron, who are basically unaccesable. I’ve seen Kouz many, many times, I’ve gotten his autograph, I’ve sat next to him for a picture. He is a very real person in my life, and I’m so thankful for my baby🙂
- I am so thankful for this blog and all my readers. I love being able to tell you guys my thoughts about the Padres and being able to hear your reactions. And even if you don’t comment that much, I know that you are reading, because this blog is in the top 10 fan blogs on MLBlogs.com. That just blows my mind. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for putting this blog in there and for keeping me there. I am so thankful for this blog and for all of your guys. I know I say it over and over again, but without you guys, there would be no purpose to this blog. I can’t thank you enough. You guys are just amazing!!!!!
I hope that you all have a GREAT Thanksgiving.
Wow, I can’t believe it’s time for Thanksgiving already! The year flew by very fast, and I have so much to be thankful for.
- I am very thankful for MLBlogs and all the wonderful baseball fans here. I have continually been blessed by the support and love of all the people here. It’s been so much fun to be able to share my love of the Padres with you all, and I’m sure I would go crazy without this theraputic activity! I really enjoy being able to blog about my boys.
- Adding onto that, I am very thankful for all my incredible readers and supporters here. I say it over and over again, but it is so true: this blog would have no purpose without you guys. It is still so cool for me to see the comments on my blog and to see the number on the hit counter going up. It makes this so worth it to know that there are people out there who come to this blog on their own will. Thank you so much for your faithful reading and support! You guys are amazing!
- I am very thankful that I got to meet some amazing bloggers this year: Jen, Hyun Young, and Kylie. It was really cool to meet Jen and Hyun Young at the Padres’ Fan Day in April, and so much fun to reunite with them and meet Kylie at a game on July 18th. Hyun Young and I had a lot of fun cheering for our boys from some excellent seats, especially when the Padres beat the Rockies, who Jen and Kylie were cheering for. These people are amazing, and if you get the chance to meet them, go for it. Thanks guys!
- I am very thankful that my boys gave me a decent season this year. They started out great, went downhill, but they showed us what real Padres baseball is in the second half of the season. It was so much fun to see how all the young guys came together and really played well. It makes me so excited for next year and all the great baseball it’s going to bring. Thank you so much, members of the Padres, for giving me something exciting to write about and support. I can’t wait until we get out World Series!
- I am very, very thankful to have been able to go to five games this year. Each time I get to go out to Petco Park to watch my boys is like Christmas morning to me. I don’t get to watch the boys on TV, so it’s so amazing for me to be able to actually watch them, see them. I did not expect to be able to go to five games, but each was very, very fun. I got to go to the second game of the season and see Heath Bell’s first save of the season. I got to see Jake Peavy throw a complete game. I got to see the Padres get a great win over the Rockies. I got to see a walk-off walk in the 10th inning. I got to see the Padres get a huge spoiler win over the Dodgers in the last week of the season. I had so much fun with my boys this year. I miss them very, very much!
- I am very thankful for Jake Peavy. What a guy. After surviving all the trade talks in the offseason, Jake was still with us, ready to pitch on Opening Day. I was able to get his autograph at the Padres Fan Day, the day before Opening Day. I was in the overflow line and it did not look like I would get an autograph, but I did. Jake is an incredible guy. It was so hard on me when he was traded, but I think it really will be for the best. We got some amazing pitchers in return for him, and I really hope they do very, very well for us. We miss you like crazy, Jake.
- I am thankful for a new owner and a new general manager. It’s so good to get some change around here, and the fans are getting excited about Padres baseball again. It’s great to see.
- Of course, I am very thankful for my friends and family. I have got a great group of people in my life who support me, encourage me, and are a huge blessing to me. I am very blessed with all these wonderful people. Thank you. Thank you so much.
- And, last but not least, I am so thankful for life. Without God, I would not be here right now. None of us would. Not only do I have life here on earth, I have enternal life thanks to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on my behalf. He took my sins on Himself and now when God looks at me, He sees the perfect merit of Jesus. I couldn’t save myself. There is nothing I can do to make me right with God. I’m too sinful. It’s only because of Jesus that I can stand before God. Sure, I still go through trials, but God is with me, and ultimately, they only make me stronger. I am so thankful that God chose to save me. It’s incredible. It’s amazing grace. Thank you God!
I just wanted to say that the amazing picture at the top of this entry was taken by my amazing sister, who actually took over this blog for a week while I was gone earlier in the summer. Isn’t in beautiful? I am soooooo thankful for my sister. She is amazing!!
I hope you all have an wonderful Thanksgiving, with lots of great food and maybe some football. Be sure to thank those who are close to you for all they do. Thanks to you guys for everything.
It’s that time of year again. The time when the leaves are changing and the weather is turning cold. It’s a time to think of all our blessings, to eat a lot of food, and be thankful.
Of course, I am extremely thankful for my friends and family. You guys are amazing! Here are some other baseball-related things I am thankful for this year:
- I am thankful for a major league team in my city. Only 29 other cities can say that they have a major league team. I love the Padres. They are a decent organization, and they could be worse. They’ve given us three championship-caliber seasons in a row. 2008 was just a bump in the road. We have the potential to go deep into the postseason.
- I am thankful for Petco Park. Some fans don’t like it, but I love it. I love being downtown, peering through the buildings until I glimpse Petco. It’s a beautiful stadium, it really is. I love it’s distinctive features, like the Western Metal Supply building, the Beach, the Park in the Park, the Porch. The stadium is a part of San Diego. I love it.
- I am thankful for MLBLOGS. I have very few people in my life who I can truly talk baseball with. It can get kind of depressing. But here, it doesn’t matter if you’re young, old, male, female, accepted, or lonely, you can just come here and talk baseball with fans all over the globe. This blog has been a huge blessing to me in the 6 months I’ve been writing it. This is a great community.
- I am thankful that I am able to attend a few games. My family isn’t rich, and a game for all of us costs $100-150. But I was able to squeeze out three games this year. Each one was extremely special. I got to see Trevor Time for the first time. He got his 550th save that day. I got to see an 11-3 win that had 4 homers in it. I got to see our new left fielder, Chase Headley, hit a home run. It was so much fun.
- I am so thankful that my salvation does not depend on the fate of the Padres. Kind of obvious, I know. But without God, I would be dead. And the thing is, I deserve to die. I deserve to live in eternal hell. But by His miraculous grace and mercy, and the death of Christ on the cross, I am redeemed. When I die, I am going to Heaven for eternity. But while I am here on this rotten earth, God is with me, watching over me, and He’s in control of every aspect of my life. It’s amazing, and totally undeserved. It is only by grace that I am saved. Thank you, Lord!
I also want to thank all my readers. You guys have been great, thank you so much for reading about the Padres and other randomness! Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!