Wow, I can’t believe it’s time for Thanksgiving already! The year flew by very fast, and I have so much to be thankful for.
- I am very thankful for MLBlogs and all the wonderful baseball fans here. I have continually been blessed by the support and love of all the people here. It’s been so much fun to be able to share my love of the Padres with you all, and I’m sure I would go crazy without this theraputic activity! I really enjoy being able to blog about my boys.
- Adding onto that, I am very thankful for all my incredible readers and supporters here. I say it over and over again, but it is so true: this blog would have no purpose without you guys. It is still so cool for me to see the comments on my blog and to see the number on the hit counter going up. It makes this so worth it to know that there are people out there who come to this blog on their own will. Thank you so much for your faithful reading and support! You guys are amazing!
- I am very thankful that I got to meet some amazing bloggers this year: Jen, Hyun Young, and Kylie. It was really cool to meet Jen and Hyun Young at the Padres’ Fan Day in April, and so much fun to reunite with them and meet Kylie at a game on July 18th. Hyun Young and I had a lot of fun cheering for our boys from some excellent seats, especially when the Padres beat the Rockies, who Jen and Kylie were cheering for. These people are amazing, and if you get the chance to meet them, go for it. Thanks guys!
- I am very thankful that my boys gave me a decent season this year. They started out great, went downhill, but they showed us what real Padres baseball is in the second half of the season. It was so much fun to see how all the young guys came together and really played well. It makes me so excited for next year and all the great baseball it’s going to bring. Thank you so much, members of the Padres, for giving me something exciting to write about and support. I can’t wait until we get out World Series!
- I am very, very thankful to have been able to go to five games this year. Each time I get to go out to Petco Park to watch my boys is like Christmas morning to me. I don’t get to watch the boys on TV, so it’s so amazing for me to be able to actually watch them, see them. I did not expect to be able to go to five games, but each was very, very fun. I got to go to the second game of the season and see Heath Bell’s first save of the season. I got to see Jake Peavy throw a complete game. I got to see the Padres get a great win over the Rockies. I got to see a walk-off walk in the 10th inning. I got to see the Padres get a huge spoiler win over the Dodgers in the last week of the season. I had so much fun with my boys this year. I miss them very, very much!
- I am very thankful for Jake Peavy. What a guy. After surviving all the trade talks in the offseason, Jake was still with us, ready to pitch on Opening Day. I was able to get his autograph at the Padres Fan Day, the day before Opening Day. I was in the overflow line and it did not look like I would get an autograph, but I did. Jake is an incredible guy. It was so hard on me when he was traded, but I think it really will be for the best. We got some amazing pitchers in return for him, and I really hope they do very, very well for us. We miss you like crazy, Jake.
- I am thankful for a new owner and a new general manager. It’s so good to get some change around here, and the fans are getting excited about Padres baseball again. It’s great to see.
- Of course, I am very thankful for my friends and family. I have got a great group of people in my life who support me, encourage me, and are a huge blessing to me. I am very blessed with all these wonderful people. Thank you. Thank you so much.
- And, last but not least, I am so thankful for life. Without God, I would not be here right now. None of us would. Not only do I have life here on earth, I have enternal life thanks to the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on my behalf. He took my sins on Himself and now when God looks at me, He sees the perfect merit of Jesus. I couldn’t save myself. There is nothing I can do to make me right with God. I’m too sinful. It’s only because of Jesus that I can stand before God. Sure, I still go through trials, but God is with me, and ultimately, they only make me stronger. I am so thankful that God chose to save me. It’s incredible. It’s amazing grace. Thank you God!
I just wanted to say that the amazing picture at the top of this entry was taken by my amazing sister, who actually took over this blog for a week while I was gone earlier in the summer. Isn’t in beautiful? I am soooooo thankful for my sister. She is amazing!!
I hope you all have an wonderful Thanksgiving, with lots of great food and maybe some football. Be sure to thank those who are close to you for all they do. Thanks to you guys for everything.